Five members of the faculty have been awarded faculty fellowships this year, to recognize their outstanding achievements in teaching and scholarship. The faculty and awards are:
- Jim Moliterno, John W. Elrod Law Alumni Fellowship in Teaching Excellence
- Tim MacDonnell, Law Alumni Association Fellowship in Teaching Excellence
- Tim Jost, Law Alumni Faculty Fellowship in Scholarly Excellence
- Erik Luna, Law Alumni Faculty Fellowship in Scholarly Excellence
- Christopher Bruner, Ethan Allen Faculty Fellowship in Scholarly Excellence
In addition, the School announced the inaugural recipient of the Monaghan Fellowship, established by Jessine Monaghan ‘79L to provide faculty support for faculty members seeking to improve Washington and Lee’s third year curriculum. This year’s fellow is J.D. King, director of the Criminal Justice Clinic. Prof. King will explore options and design systems for the clinical education program at W&L, which soon becomes mandatory for third year students. King, who has been a visiting professor at the School since 2008, was invited to join the permanent faculty this year.